Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Thursday, June 30, 2005

When will I ever learn?

Yesterday was quite an exhausting day, and totally my own fault that it was! On Tuesday afternoon we had a summerparty at the office. My big plan was of course to make sure that I didn't get home and to bed very late since I had an important meeting on Weednesday. Things didn't go exactly as planned. It was such a nice summer evening and the beer was so cold and refreshing and suddenly it was 2 at night before I got back home. No need to say that Wednesday was a tough one. I managed to drag myself to work at 9, my meeting started at 12 and lasted for 3 hours - and I had a hell of a time trying to look alert and awake, and staying focused and concentrated at the same time. I don't know what it is that make me hurt myself like this!!!

I mean, I should be old enough by now to do the sensible and right things to make sure that my days don't get any harder than they have to be. I guess the problem really is that I haven't got enough "bad friends" since I find it harder for each year passing to find someone who wants to go out for a beer or 3 occasionally, which means that the few times I actually find someone who wants to go out, the number of beers finally had will amount to a little more than 3!!

When I got back from work, I slept from half 5 to half 8, and watched a terribly bad movie on TV3, "Dance with me", untill midnight. Why would I keep watching a really bad movie for that long? Well, there was some good latino music, there was some dancing - and there was a really good looking man who was also good at dancing - what more can a woman ask for on a slightly hangover day??

Today I'm mostly bothered by the fact that I still haven't got the last result from the two exams I did this spring. The result should have been ready on Tuesday, but there are some delays and I still just have to wait patiently, which is a problem because I'm really not the kind of person who is able to do that. So now I'm sort of walking around in circles inside my head, and checking out the studentweb site every 5 minutes hoping there'll be something new! No such luck so far. I did get a B on my first exam which I got the result on last Tuesday, and I'm really happy about that. The reason why I'm so anxious about the next one is that I feel it went even better, and I'm hoping for an A, and I'm really curious about whether it is as good as I have convinced myself that it is.

This is probably what will occupy my mind most of Thursday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home