Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Monday, September 19, 2005

The publishing of short-stories

You're probably thinking I've been celebrating the election the whole week and that's why things have been so quiet in this place, well, I haven't - not the whole week anyway - but there was some heavy drinking on Thursday night which supposedly was to celebrate the election so...

I spent yesterday translating one of my short-stories into English: "Click". The plan was also that I was going to publish this and another story on the internet. Yesterday I therefore also activated a web-site that I was thinking I can use to publish the documents. However, making web-pages is nothing like riding a bike - if you haven't done it for 6-7 years and decide to do it again you find that all the knowledge is gone. Last night I spent hours quarreling with the website genereator at online.no - because I thought that would be the easiest way to do this - it wasn't! Today I'll figure out how to upload the html-coding I've written to design a simple page, and I'll also have to figure out how to upload the documents with the stories. It's all really really simple really, actually so simple that my brain never even bottered to keep the information saved after I hadn't used it for a couple of years. I'll get there though - and YOU have some reading to look forward to!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home