Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Sunday, June 17, 2007

”The 19th Hole” – Maspalomas

On one of our visits to Maspalomas we stopped by an Irish bar called “The 19th Hole” for lunch. This is probably the place where I’ve had the best food ever in Gran Canaria, the food is just excellent! And the price is not that scary either, about 13 – 14 Euros for a filet steak dinner.

We did however have a guest for lunch that we did not appreciate that much, you can see a photo of him here. Both Dorthe and I were pretty tough as long as he was about a metre away, but when he suddenly turned and came directly for our table we were up and running – who knows – this could be a toe-biter after all! The waiter tried to calm us down and say that these are everywhere in Gran Canaria (and how come I’ve never seen one before) and that they were not dangerous. But when I asked him if there was any danger that they would bite, he wouldn’t answer that!

But “The 19th Hole” was still such a nice place, and really nice people working there as well, even though I did get a strange question from one of the waiters:
“You have such a lovely hair. Is it real?”
“Of course it is!”
“Can I touch it?”
That was a new one, but I suppose it somehow was a compliment, and yes, I did allow him to touch my hair.

We went to this place twice and enjoyed it a lot both times. I expect next time we go to Playa Del Ingles, we will be going back, perhaps even in the evening, when they have live music which reportedly is very good too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home