Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Sioux City



Every Friday in Sioux City there is an evening show with country music and BBQ. We went to experience this on Friday the 8th June.

For those of you who doesn’t know: Sioux City is a western city built on Gran Canaria. I’ve been there once before during the day and found that it was, oh, well, ok. It actually pretty much looks like those cities you see in old western movies and there are animals and so on there. Still, during the day I wouldn’t call the visit more than ok.

Now we decided to go back for the evening show on Friday. We were a bit sceptical, but thought that we should at least try it once.

It turned out to be great!

It cost 48 Euros to get in, that includes everything, even as many drinks as you can handle (and they serve beer, wine and booze). To some people this might sound expensive, but coming from Norway, with the beer prices we’ve got here, I’d say that’s not bad – I hardly moved about from the bar the whole evening through!!!

Lots of people, about 10 full buses I’d say, were there on the same night as us. The BBQ started at 8 and around 9 there was country music in the saloon, with line dancing! The western show started at 10. This included cowboys, Indians, can-can girls, villains and heroes, and horses. I quite enjoyed it, even though I wasn’t really convinced by the Indians juggling florescent hula hoops.

But I’d say this is a good evening out and I will most definitely recommend this to others on vacation in Gran Canaria. There were lots of families with small children there as well and the children seemed to be enjoying it a lot too. I am perhaps a bit sceptical to bringing children to an event were there’s “free” alcohol (especially when there are Norwegians around who know how to get their money’s worth!!) – but I do realize that more than anything this event is special to the younger children, and perhaps not as special to the older children – like me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home