Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Thursday, June 30, 2005

365 Days

My big dream in life is to be able to make a living from my writing. For as long as I can remember I have always loved to write. My favourite subjects in school where always Norwegian and English because it meant that I got to write essays.

I write poems, short stories, and last year I even finished my first novel: "365 days". I have been rejected by 5 publishers so far, and a month ago I handed it in to the 6th publisher, and I got a letter 2 days ago saying I'll get an answer from them in about 2 - 3 months. I don't really expect it to be a positive one. What I do hope is that the consultant reading the book for the publishing company might actually be kind enough to let me know what they liked or disliked about my manuscript. Usually you only get a couple of lines saying something like "thanks for letting us read it - but no thanks!". I did get one rejection letter once which actually was almost a whole page of comments, and that was really helpfull - so that is sort of the best I'm hoping for when I've not got another company considering my novel.

I will of course tell about it when I hear from them again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home