Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Friday, March 23, 2007

What I did yesterday

There are so many things that I enjoy about being in England, but I hate being away from our cats, Daisy and Darwin. I miss them so much. Last week it occurred to me that I probably could do something about this, so I sent an email to The Cat and Rabbit Rescue Centre and asked if they needed some help with their cats – and they did.

Yesterday I visited the centre and spent two hours handling and cuddling with different cats. Yes, they actually need people to do this. Some of these cats have been through very bad things, some of them have almost gone wild, and before they can be placed in new homes they need to become used to people again. It is a really great feeling when you can gain a cat’s trust. I spent quite a while in one pen where there were three cats that showed that they did want contact, but still was afraid to come too close. So, I just went in there, sat down, talked with them and waited for them to come to me, and eventually they did. And then they started purring and could not be happier. It made them feel happier about life and it certainly made me feel a lot happier – so I’ll definitely be going back there.

I have also been buying quite a lot of things while I’ve been here in England, things I won’t be bringing back to Norway with me and I’m planning on donating this to the rescue centre’s charity shop in East Wittering before I go home. And I’m collecting all my small spare change in a jar, about £20 so far I think that I will also give to the Rescue centre in June.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home