Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Sunday, February 25, 2007

It’s unbelievable…

This reading week and my “holiday” in Norway is coming to an end. My flight back to England leaves mid-day tomorrow.

I can quite proudly say that I have actually been quite efficient this reading week (at least compared to the one I had in October last year!), I have done a lot of research for the new love story I’m writing that’s set in the Viking Age. I have not done a lot of writing, but what I have managed to do is finish editing my novel “365 days”! Yes, your eyes are not deceiving you. I have finished editing the novel, have printed it out and it’s being sent back to the publisher tomorrow!

For those of you who haven’t read this blog from the very beginning a quick update:
About three years ago I finished a novel called “365 days” which I then sent to different publishers after each other. The first four weren’t very interested in it, but the fifth said that they liked the story and the characters but that the novel was to long in its current form and that the language needed to be considerably tightened. They also said that if I could be bothered with shortening it they would like to read it again. This was by end of September 2005. For a very long time I just wasn’t able to do this job, then finally in January this year I sat down and just did it, most of the editing. The remaining 5% of editing needed some more distance and thought before I made up my mind and that’s what I’ve done this weekend.

So, now I guess it remains to be seen if the publisher still likes my story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home