Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Days of our lives

I woke up with a sore throat on Monday, probably due to the fact that for the last three weeks the weather has been changing a lot from cold to warm to cold to warm. Now this cold has developed into a proper cold, no fun at all, but that’s unfortunately not the worse that’s happened this week.

As most of you probably know, I live in a basement flat below my parent’s flat, and at the other end of the house there’s another flat where my grandparents (my father’s parents) live. Last night at about 1 am, my mother knocked on my door. She just wanted to inform me, just in case I was awake and saw the ambulance arrive, that my grandmother had had a fall on the living room floor, and they were now waiting for the ambulance to come.

When she got to the hospital they found out that she’d broken her hip, and the doctors will operate on her this afternoon. 

Isn’t it strange how when one thing happens, lots of other things seem to happen at the same time? With my aunt’s heart attack on Friday, my grandmother’s fall last night, I’m really hoping that this is the end of it, but am now dreading what might come next. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home