Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

My vacation

This summer’s vacation has come to an end.

It was as planned, spent 3 days in Denmark and then a week in Untersteinach/Kulmbach.

I went to the bierfest in Kulmbach 4 out of the 7 nights I was in the area. Earlier years bierfest has seemed somewhat hysterically fun – this year I suddenly realized that it seemed just hysterical – a bit chaotic – loud! Drinking beer with 5 – 6000 strangers was for some reason not as much fun this year as it has been previous year. I still had a really nice time on my vacation, but I came to the conclusion that perhaps next year I’ll visit the area when there’s no bierfest. Maybe I will finally also be able to do some sightseeing in the area, and see more than just Untersteinach and Kulmbach.

I talked this over with my friend Lone, who lives there, and he agreed – he’s not that into bierfest anymore either. We did decide that next year he and his girlfriend Jana will show me some of the places worth seeing that I haven’t been to in the last 10 years that I have visited Bayern.

So, the big conclusion drawn from this year’s vacation is that I’m also getting a bit older. Now I rather prefer to go out with good friends to a local, more quiet pub, to talk and just hangout, rather than going to an enormous party to drink beer with mostly strangers, hardly talking about anything at all!

The weather was really bad all week. That might also to some degree influence what I thought of bierfest this year. The previous 9 times that I have attended bierfest, it’s been about 30°C both day and night, and lots of sun. This year it was about 15°, an icy wind and lots of rain – last night at bierfest I actually wished that I’d brought mittens and my winter coat from Norway!!!So that was my vacation in general – I’ll try to get a couple of posts written later about what I’ve read, the music I’ve been listening to – and what I’ve bought!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home