Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Friday, July 22, 2005

Why pollute?

Every time I spend some time waiting for a tram, or a subway train or a bus I always notice how cigarettes pollute the ground around me. It is so ugly and disgusting, and so much of it. Why is it that those who smoke don’t see how ugly it really is? Why do they just throw their leftover cigarettes on the ground? Do they really think that it will just shrink into the asphalt and disappear?

I have never smoked myself, but I have never been fanatic about other people doing it. I mean, it’s not like the law forbids it or anything, so those who feel the need to do so, why shouldn’t they. I don’t like it if people start smoking when they’re at the same table as me when I’m eating, luckily most smokers know that this isn’t really a nice thing to do – so I don’t very often run into that problem.

Still, I must admit, when I see how bad some of the tram stops, subway stations and bus stops look in these city, because of those who smoke, I get a bit disgusted. I know some of my friends smoke, and some of them might actually also read this page. It would be nice if someone could enlighten me on this, why is it that you just throw garbage on the street, do you also do that with paper from your chocolate or ice cream, or any other things that you want to get rid of?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home