Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Listening to

Robbie Williams - Angles, that was just played on the radio. It's truly a great song, and it reminded me that I've got no Robbie Williams on my brand new iPod!! Yes, you read it right, I've got a new iPod. I won it actually. In connection with the election for new Parliament there was a competition arranged by the Norwegian Labour party where you had to answer a question about the Labour Party every day for 40 days. I did - and I won 2nd prize, an iPod Mini.

I picked it up last week, and spent 2 hours of cursing over it before I finally agreed with myself that I'd better read the instructions leaflet that came with it. I'm a bit like most men in this I think - when it comes to technical stuff I just asume that I will automatically understand how to use it - and if I don't, well, then it's the technical thing that's wrong and not me - of course, it could never be me. What I actually managed to do first of all last week was that I set the language to Chinese!! Or maybe Japanese or some other language with that kind of letters. Kind of complicates learning how to use it when you can read the information on it!! When I finally read the insturctions I found that I probably wasn't the first person in the world to do this mistake, because there were instructions on how to solve this problem in the leaflet.

So far these are some of the artists that I've uploaded to my iPod:
Beatles, The Corrs, The Clash, Leonard Cohen, Metallica, Red Hot Chillipeppers, Shania Twain, Take That. And these albums: Jentevorspiel, Ottis Wiesn hits, Songs from Dawsons Creek. There's room for about 1000 songs, and so far I've found about 200 to upload - but I've no doubt it will be filled up in no-time. What confuses me though is that as far as I gather from checking out both the iPod and the instructions there's no way that I can remove the music, one song at a time, from the iPod again. Once it's filled up and if I get bored with the music that's on it, I'll have to reset the thing and then everything on it is deleted and I have to start all over again. It amazes me that this is how it is, but I've not found any other solution. Anyone else who's got an iPod as well and know more about it than I do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home