Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Getting on with it

So I’m about to go to bed now because I have to get up at half past 5 in the morning and some hours later get on a plane to England. My 10 days in Norway are up and it’s back to “school”. It’s been very good being at home but at the same time I also look forward to getting back to England and getting on with my studies – I so truly enjoy them. Sometimes it’s almost a bit scary, because I’m so happy about how my life is right now, what I’m doing – I keep thinking this can’t last, something is bound to come along and destroy it. And I don’t really believe in fate so I don’t know why I keep thinking this, but I just do. It was the strangest thing; I was sitting on the bus, in Chichester a couple of days before leaving for Norway and thinking about Christmas presents. Honestly, they do bring out the Christmas stuff and decorations way to early in England, don’t they, I mean, mid-September??? But the good thing about that is that it makes me think about Christmas presents a lot earlier than I normally would. So, I was sitting on the bus planning Christmas presents for friends and family and I started thinking about what I myself wanted for Christmas this year. As I still have at least a few family members; parents, grandparents, aunts&uncles, cousins…. that give me presents for Christmas I usually write a list of things that I wish for and distribute it. Having a list to choose from makes life a whole lot easier for everyone, but I do like the surprises not on my list as well!! So, yeah, I started thinking about my own wishes for Christmas, and for a couple of moments I couldn’t think of any! It is the strangest thing, for a moment I was just sitting on this bus, smiling, feeling so blessed because I get a chance to really truly follow my life long dream, and just the thought of that made me so happy that I could not think of a single thing in the whole wide world that I could possible wish for more than that. Is that scary or what??? Yepp, something really bad is going to happen, and that soon too!

Now of course I have started thinking about things I might wish for. A new mobile phone. Lots of books, DVDs and CDs, some clothes, shoes… other girl stuff….. But still, getting to live this life, doing this thing – WOW, what can I say but WOW. I’m a writer, I should if not easily but still be able to find the words to describe this, but I truly can’t, just happy!

So, even though my stay at home has been a good one, and I’m really looking forward to coming back home for Christmas as well – going back to Chichester tomorrow will be good, great actually, I’ll get on with working on my dream!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home