Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Friday, October 13, 2006

Guilty pleasures

I have been challenged by my friend Arne to name my guilty pleasures when in music; that is music that when I hear it on the radio actually turn up the volume because I like it – but perhaps wouldn’t so happily admit to it around other people.

Well, the thing is, I’m never embarrassad or feel guilty about the kind of music I like, even though I’m pretty sure that some of my friends would think that I should be thoroughly ashamed and go hide somewhere because of some of the music I choose to listen to. So, this list won’t be of music I feel guilty in admitting to enjoy, it will be music that I kind of suspect that people who know me think I should feel ashamed of:

  • Ole Ivars – Kjærringa mi kan itte spelle trækkspell. I think the lyrics to this song is really really amusing.
  • Baccara – Sorry I’m a lady. A song that’s been with me as long as I can remember, and that still sort of brings on the party mood.
  • Bill Medley/Jennifer Warnes – I’ve had the time of my life. Soundtrack from “Dirty Dancing”, ohhhh, just looooove that movie.
  • Serteb Enyer – Every way that I can. The winner of the 2003 Eurovision song contest – loved it then, still do and really want to dance when I hear it.
  • Carola – I evighet. This year’s song from Sweden in the Eurovision song contest – I can’t help it, I think this is a lovely song.
  • Sarek – Gennom eld och vatten. One of the participants in the Swedish national Eurovision contest in 2003. Great song!
  • Barbados – Världen utanför. Swedis national Eurovision contest in 2002.
  • Dido – White flag. This song reminds me of all the times I’ve had my heart broken, and still I can’t help but loving it.
  • Lollies – Wahnsinn (Hölle, hölle, hölle). From one of my bierfest CD’s, great party song.
  • Ruslana – Wild Dances. The winner of the Eurovision song contest in 2004, or 2005. This really is a great song to dance to.

And I’m sure I could continue writing this list forever, but this will have to do for now because I'm logging off, stopping by the flat with the laptop and then heading to Tesco to do my weekend shopping.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok here is my list....

    Freestyle - Vill ha dej
    Swedish from the lovely 80ies and I really wanted that hairdo

    Billie Ocean - Get out of my dreams, get into my car
    Silly and long title but I still like it

    Wham - all of them

    Narada Michael Walden - Gimme Gimme Gimme
    all night long, gimme, gimme ,gimme keep playing that lovesong. I heard it on the radio back in Norway and had to download it at once!

    Baccara - Yes Sir, I can boogie
    So we have Baccara in common,just a different song. You should listen to the lyrics on this one it's utterly silly and the ahhhhh in the beginning!

    Boney M - Bahama Mama.
    I just can't help it...

    Heart - These dreams
    I just think it's mystical

    REO Speedwagon - Can't fight this feeling
    Oh, my God!

    London Beat - I've been thinking about you
    My all time favorite "I'm ashamed to listen to". Can't sit still

    Cutting Crew - I just died in your arms tonight
    WHO???

    Take That - Back for good
    Ohhhh, this is akward!

    And a really ugly one to finish up
    Lorie - Toute seule
    French chick ever so much worse than Britney but I just love this and I NEVER said!

     
  • At 10:14 PM, Blogger Lena M Bakke said…

    Totally agree on several of them: REO Speedwagon, Narada Michael Walden (actually considered him for my list - but thought he was too good to be on a guilty pleasure list!!), London Beat is great - and oh yes, I do tend to listen to Take That from time to time. Definitely nothing to feel guilty about here - if you ask me! By by the list I'e posted on this blog people will perhaps stop asking about my opinion when it comes to music!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home