Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Friday, May 11, 2007

Semi finals over

So, the Eurovision song contest semi final is over and Norway didn’t make it through. Am I disappointed? Oh, maybe a little, but not that much, because I never really truly believed in Norway’s chances anyway. I did vote for them tonight of course, because, well, it’s still Norway, but when the results were in, it didn’t make me very upset. I am sadder about the fact that neither Iceland, Andorra, Austria nor Switzerland made it true, even though especially with Switzerland I can certainly understand why!

I sat with my notebook and made a couple of comments on the performances tonight:

  • Bulgaria: Good live performance.
  • Israel: It’s a silly nonsense song like this one that’ll push one of the good songs out of the competition.
  • Cyprus: I’ll forget this one two seconds after it’s finished.
  • Belarus: Good song, good performance, and the guy is cute as hell! Yummy!!
  • Iceland: Solid performance by Eirikur.
    Georgia: Nope! Nice red dress though.
  • Montenegro: No way!
  • Switzerland: Surprisingly bad vocals by both singers, they both sound exhausted. DJ Bobo is kind of famous isn’t he, should’ve thought he would be better live.
  • Moldova: OH My God, what IS she wearing? Poor English accent and not very good vocals either.
  • The Netherlands: Nice song but not very significant though, is it?
  • Albania: Half a minute into this song I’m bored and it never gets better.
  • Denmark: Not one of the most beautiful drag artists I’ve seen. And huge trouble with the high notes, they really hurt my ears. Still, kind of catchy, but feels like I’ve heard it before.
  • Croatia: Old not very handsome guy with awful rock song. What are they trying to do with this? No, this is a good time to go top up my wine glass.
  • Poland: What? This is NOT a party I want to join.
  • Serbia: I like this girl, it’s refreshing to see women with clothes ON in this competition. Not bad song, great voice, but not really my cup of tea.
  • Czech Republic: Strange voice thing going on there. He probably saw Lordi last year and decided to start a band.
  • Portugal: Very similar to the Norwegian act, but surprisingly, considering Norway isn’t a Latino country, I’d say Norway do this better. This woman is certainly no dancer.
  • FYR Macedonia: Too short skirt on the woman, but I like the song. She shouldn’t have switched to English at the end though, awful accent and took away some of the mystic ambiance of the song.
  • Norway: Guri’s hair looks like she’s come straight out of bed. If you don’t have Shakira hair, don’t go for that look! Nice song, catchy, but is it enough to get us to the final?
  • Malta: HEY, sexy guy with violin! Woman’s got a nice voice but the song is a bit screamy.
  • Andorra: I love this!! Great song and the boys are SO cute! Good live performance as well!
  • Hungary: I really like her voice and quite enjoy the song too.
  • Estonia: Very tame opening, a bit struggling vocally and quite a boring song.
  • Belgium: Back to the 70s but I can’t ever remember anything as bad as this being played then. Hate it!
  • Slovenia: Can’t decide if I love or hate the dress. Don’t like the song though.
  • Turkey: Better than I remembered, catchy. A bit charming guy, great rhythms even though the vocals are not the best.
  • Austria: My favourite of all participants this year, until now! Bad live performance and dreadful costumes. Very disappointed.
  • Latvia: Hmmm… Il Divo copies. I haven’t cared much for this earlier, but now I’m not sure.

And the countries that made it through were:
Bulgaria, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Serbia, FYR Macedonia, Hungary, Slovenia, Turkey and Latvia.

Pretty much fair enough, I’m really happy that neither Israel nor Belgium made it through, then I would probably be more upset about Norway not making it through, or any of my other favourites.

For the final on Saturday, so far my favourites are: Greece, Spain, Sweden and Finland. But that might change after the live performances, as it most certainly did for me today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home