Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Monday, May 26, 2008

Learning Spanish

I was, for some reason, not accepted into the undergraduate course in “Creative Writing” at the University of Tromsö. This was something I had planned to do as part of my “study plan” with the Defence, so I had to think of something else that I wanted to learn instead. Today I’ve enrolled in a Spanish course. When I spent 6 weeks in Gran Canaria last year I was a bit frustrated at not being able to speak the language (even though, yes, you will get very far with Norwegian/Swedish in Playa Del Ingles too) and I’ve been thinking ever since that this is something I might want to learn. So when I’m not writing on a new book this summer, I’ll be trying to get the hang of Spanish. I’ve always like learning new languages so I expect it to be fun.

This week how ever, I’m finishing an early draft of book number five in my series of novels from the Viking Age, and on Friday I’m heading off to Ireland for five days, for a wedding. I’m really looking forward to that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home