Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Sunday, February 24, 2008

What are the odds?

My study plan for this spring semester was to do the next module in “Nordic languages and literature” with the University of Bergen, and to do the “State Authorized Translator Exam” from English to Norwegian. These are three exams in total, and of course… two of them fall on the same day in May. So, now I’ve had to change my plan and I won’t be doing the translator exam this spring, I will have to postpone that for another year. But, because of the redundancy package I’ve got from the Norwegian Defence, I have to find another course that will make up for missing out on this exam. Now I’m applying for an undergraduate course in “Creative Writing” held by the University of Tromsö. This is a one year full-time course that starts in June this year. Some of the course is arranged as a correspondence course, but I will also have to go to Tromsö one week during the autumn semester and one week during spring – and for another seven weekends through the year. It probably sounds a bit backward doing an undergraduate course in creative writing after having been to England and done the Master in this subject, but I think it will be useful. For one thing, doing a creative writing course always means that you’ve got deadlines that push you to write, and it will also give me a chance to attend lectures by Norwegian authors and meet with people from the Norwegian publishing world.

Today I’m hoping to finish the first draft of book number two in my Viking series.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home