Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

How is your heartbeat today?

As I have told in my profile, I am single. I have been single since 1999. I'm growing very accustomed to being single; I like the liberty, the freedom to do whatever I want, whenever I want without having to make plans together with someone.

How ever, these days I find that even though I don't exactly miss a boyfriend, I do miss being in love with someone. I would of course, if I fell in love with someone, not write about it here, I'm not that bold that I would advertise for the whole world who it is that makes my heart skip a beat! How ever, this I can tell, because there's not even anyone in my life that I could imagine falling in love with right now, and I do miss that feeling.

During the last six years I have been madly in love with the wrong guy at least once. And even though it hurts beings in love with someone who's not interested, there's still so much good about the feeling of love itself. How it makes you a little light headed, your heart beats faster, your toes tingle - and just hearing his voice makes your knees so weak you have to sit down. Things like that sort of makes up for the bad things that might happen if you fall in love, and I miss it!

I would guess the problem is that I'm so used to being single and I value it so much, I'm hardly looking at men these days. Especially considering my plans to move to England next autumn to study. I'd rather not meet anyone now that it would be hard to leave behind.

All that said, it's summer, it's warm and sunny, it is the time for being in love. That is probably also why I miss someone who can make my heart beat a little faster!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home