Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Monday, July 11, 2005

The London bombing

I have been thinking since the terror attack on London that I should write something about it in my blog. But, it's hard to think of what I can say about something as awful as this that someone else hasn't already said.

I'll give it a go anyway:
I am horrified. Like many others I'd also say that it wasn't completely unexpected, still when the bombs strike the results are terrible. I'll always condemn those who thinks that killing innocent civilians in the name of some religion or the other is a good idea, no mather if it is the UK, the US, Spain, Bagdad or any other part of the world. Still, when the bombs hits London it does hurt a little bit more. I have loved England since the first time I visited the country when I was 16, and even though I can't say I love it as much as I do Norway - bombs going off and killing people in the capital of my favourite country almost hurts and horrifies me as much as had it been Oslo they had targeted.

As for these cowards, these brainwashed religious fanatics that probably are behind this, I sincerely do hope that they will some day burn in hell! I'm not a very religious person myself, but the little I have read about religions tells me that there's is really no religion in the world that says "hey, go out and kill some people for me" (well, there might of course be some small obscure cults somewhere that'd say that but...), everytime someone kills in the name of religion I'd say they've got it all wrong, and whatever God they belive in won't be happy with them when they are to leave this world.

I get so angry with this meaningless pointless killing, that I can actually almost imagine, if I had had been the leader of a big powerfull country I might find a smaller country to pick on and throw some bombs myself, just to work off the anger. Since I don't belive in fighting violence with violence almost is the key word in this paragraph!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home