Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Monday, July 11, 2005

It's a beautiful day isn't it?

I will admit that wasn't exactly my first thought when waking up this morning. After having spent the weekend camping in the forest of Finnskogen with millions of flesh eating bugs, to much sun and to little sleep, dragging myself out of bed this morning and getting ready for work was rather tough... Still here I am - at work, and thought that since it's been 6 days since my last report on this blog - I'd better try to put some letters together that might form words that eventuelly will form sentences that'll make sence to other people than myself.

It must be the heat, but I don't feel like writing much of anything this days. It's so warm all the time it feels like my brain is boiling and I feel like sitting completely still all the time because every move I make causes my body temperature to rise and go from hot to extremely hot. Don't get me wrong, I'm not REALLY complaining about the fact that Norway's got sort of a nice summer with lots of sun that's been going on for days now and seems to continue like this at least through this week, but is it really neccessary to keep it this warm at night as well? I'm quite certain that Norway used to be a lot colder some time back, and my Viking genes surely aren't prepared to handle temperatures around 30°C for more than a couple of days at a time. I would of course REALLY have been complaining if the summer had come and gone with not a day with temperatures warmer than 10°C and rain rain rain - as it is now, I'm not complaining - but it still is unbareably hot - especially when you have to work!

I will get my vacation eventually and that is what keeps me going these days. 3 more weeks at work and then I'm off to Germany. It's a tradition, every year I go to Bavaria to attend the bierfest in Kulmbach. Must be the 10th time or something this year - and it really is a great party! And I get to meet friends I've made there through all the years I've been down there and that surely is even more great than going to the party!

But untill then - I have to spend lots of time in this sauna that is called my office!

Have a nice day!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home