Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Thursday, June 30, 2005

The loss of a pet

I just spoke with my mother on the phone, and she told me that she had been to the veterinary today and put my cat, Fremon, to sleep. He wasn't a very old cat, but not very young any more either, he would've been 13 in November. About a month ago we discoverd that he had some lumps on his stomach, so my mother called the veterinary and they said that she didn't need to bring him in as long as he was comfortable, because there wasn't really anything they could do for him. Last weekend one of the lumps broke, yesterday my mother took him to the vet and they told her it would be best for him not to live anymore. It's so sad loosing a pet.

I bought him in February 1992, when he was only a kitten, and he lived with me for almost 2 years. Then my living situation changed and I couldn't have him living with me anymore, so he moved to my parents in the countryside of Solör. My parents had two other cats; Ellinor and Dorthe, together Dorthe and Fremon had 3 children, Darwin, Daisy and Dahlia. Now there are only 3 left; Dorthe, Darwin and Daisy. We've had to put both Ellinor and Dahlia to sleep earlier because they were ill.

So, on this day that I was so happy about my A grade on my exam, I'm not so happy anymore. Those who don't care much for animals will probably say it's silly to be sad for the loss of a cat, and maybe on some levels it is. Still, I've always been very fond of animals, and I'm a big cat lover, and Fremon, he used to be mine. The others have always lived with my parents, so even though I love them too, Fremon was something special - and now he's gone.

I know it was for his best that we let him go, but still it's so sad that he's gone and that I won't ever be able to hug him or cuddle him anymore. He was such a great cat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home