Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Monday, July 18, 2005

Some thoughts about bus rides...

Since Solör is the place I consider home (it's where I grew up and where my parents and most of my relatives live) I try to go there as often as possible. 2 out of 3 weekends you're likely to find me there and not in the flat in Oslo. When I travel between Oslo and Solör I go by bus, it's about a 3 hours bus ride where I have to change buses at Kongsvinger.

I came back to Oslo from Solör this morning, with the 0542 bus from Flisa. And as usual, that early in the morning I'm dead tired, and I did fall immideately asleep when I got on the bus. I staggered between the buses on Kongsvinger and then fell dead asleep again. When the bus approaches Oslo the bus driver starts calling out all the stops, it's about 10 or 15 of them before we reach the bus terminal in the middle of Oslo where I get off. I was so tired this morning when he started calling out the names of the stops, and I just kept begging for something to happen to make the bus ride longer so that I could sleep longer - nothing did, and at 0830 I had to get off the bus no mather how tired I was.

A couple of years ago I went to Berlin on a bus, all the way from Oslo. The bus left at about 4 in the morning and arrived in Berling at about 7 in the evening, most of the time was spent on the bus, except for 3 hours on a ferry between Sweeden and Germany. It really was a nice trip, even though when we got the Germany it was 30°C and the aircondition didn't work. I am one of those who sleep very well on buses or in cars, so travelling on buses, alone, is a perfect way for me to travel.

This morning I dreamt about the bus ride to Berlin, it would've been so nice if the ride could have been at least a couple of hours longer.

On Fridays however, when it's time to get back home for the weekend, 3 hours on the bus is way to long time...

Yeah, I know - I really must have little going on in my life these days since I felt the need to share this oh so interesting thoughts with the world. Anyway...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home