Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

All the best plans...

As I told in a previous post a couple of weeks ago, I had all the plans ready for the next 3 years of study, starting January 2006. Well, now I realize that even though I have all my big plans, the world might suddely decide to change the setting so that my big plans no longer fit!

First of all, I was planning on doing a 15 credit distance learning course in Nordic literature at the university of Bergen. For years now they have started new 15 credit courses in this subject every term, guess what, the spring term of 2006 they won't! They've suddenly decided that they'll just continue on the same subject as they started on this autumn term - too bad they didn't let anyone know before the deadline for applying which was 1st of June! So, after doing some research on the internet I'm now planning on doing a 20 credit distance learning course from the University of Lancaster, "Writing your novel, getting started via the internet". It does seem relevant since what I'm planning to do in the next 3 years is focusing on my writing, I'll just have to ask the Defence if I'm allowed to change my plan - don't really think that'll be a problem.

Next: My first choice of place for doing my Master's degree in Creative writing, starting next autumn, was University college Chichester, my second choice was the university of Winchester and the third was Trinity college in Dublin. The reason for choosing these 3 first was that they all offered taught modules in fantastic literature. After having visited Chichester in April and doing lots of research about the place and the college, I was pretty much settled on that this was going to be the place for me to do my Master. Oh well, now I've found that they're changing their Master's programme, and even though they still offer a Master's programme in Creative writing, from the information I get on the net, it seems like they no longer offer a taught module in fantasy literature. I will of course write them an email and ask if this is correct, but provided it is, I now have to decide whether I'd stil like to go to Chichester or rather choose one of the other places.

I just don't get it, when I've made all this good plans why can't the world just stop changing... or something like that???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home