Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Harry Potter

When on vacation I read the last of the Harry Potter books - and it was just so great! I think the Potter books have become better with each book. When I read the first one I thought, hey, this is kind of cool - but I still sort of recognized that it was a children's book in that it was scary but not to scary. Now I'm not so sure I would call it a children's book any more. This last one is so dark and gloomy, and actually kind of scary too. I even cried some. It makes me both fear and look forward to the next and last one. Because, seeing what Rowling has done with this book, I can only fear that she will in her final book about Harry Potter actually kill him, like she's been threatening to do. And I must admit - I always hate bad endings - I always want the happy ones.

For this very reason "Twin Peaks" still botters me! I loved it, but the ending really got to me, and I'm still not happy about it!

So, Rowlings, if your are suddenly passing by this blogspot, or anyone who knows her, please, please don't destroy Harry Potter for me the way Twin Peaks was once destroyed for me!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home