Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Friday, April 28, 2006

Dunes & Tunes

Yes, I’m back from my vacation at Gran Canaria/Playa Del Ingles, and it was, as expected, really great! I’ll honestly say, we haven’t really done that much of the island though, not at all actually. We have been walking a lot around Playa Del Ingles and seen most of that, we have been doing some shopping, we have been doing some sun bathing – but I’m afraid, mostly we’ve been drinking beer and partying, and I’ve loved every second of it. Not so happy about the slight hangover I’ve had every morning though, but nothing a few hours sleeping in the sun and then a fresh cold beer couldn’t cure!!

So, what is there to say about this vacation besides it’s been great? I have one really big recommendation for all of you who might be heading down there: “Dunes & Tunes”. It’s an Irish bar on the beach promenade. My friend and I were stopped there by this really cute waiter on our second night and when we also noticed the very good singer our choice was made. And it turned out to be an excellent choice, not only for that evening but for all the other evenings there as well!! It’s a really nice pub, and they’ve got live music in the evening (and in the daytime I think but we were never really there that much in day time (yes except for our second last day when we had lunch there)) from half past 7 till half past 1 in the night. There are two singers (one after the other!) and they’re both really great, so entertaining! So, the pub is great, and the music is great – what makes it really terrific, so excellent, are all the people working there. They are so friendly and service minded, and with a great sense of humour, and well, what can I say, but, if you ever do go to Playa Del Ingles this is the place to check out. That is, if you’re not the typical stupidly drunken Scandinavian who’re thinking that being as loud as obnoxious as possible is the best way to behave, because, well, I’m sure they’d still take good care of you there (I know they will because I did saw a couple of these elements actually have some beers in the pub when I was there) but this wouldn’t really be your place, you would then belong in the more noisy places like Kasbah or something. But for all you other people, who like good music, nice friendly people, meeting new friends and be able to talk with them, and perhaps even do some dancing (but not to that terrible noise the discos down there seem to call music, it all sounds the same!) this is definitely the place to be! And, oh, NO I’m not being paid to write all this. It just seems that when you’ve been to a place and had such a great time, it really seems worth mentioning. If we hadn’t found “Dunes & Tunes” we would probably still have had a great time, but it might not have been excellent!

And now I’m afraid it’s back to reality. I have some catching up to do on my internet course and I have to keep on writing my novel “Dreamland” that I’ve started on through the course. I am also planning on trying to put together a novel for a competition to write a contemporary novel, I think the deadline is some time in September. I have an idea, but staying in my head it’ll be hard to hand in, so I’d better start trying to write it soon.

I am also today writing an email to the accommodation office at the University of Chichester. I have to start thinking, seriously, about where I’m going to live when I move there in September.

And this is what’s on my mind for today I think.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi :0)
    Thank's for a fantastic holiday :0)
    We had a great time. And the Dunes & Tunes is the best pub ever :0)

    Hugs from me

     

Post a Comment

<< Home