Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Friday, November 03, 2006

Something about squirrels

I’ve been back in England for 5 days and this week’s has gone by with an unbelievable speed. The journey back to England on Monday was a good one, everything on time and no problems at all. I guess I was fortunate to travel on Monday, as I’ve been told that on Tuesday morning the first snow of this winter really hit southern Norway causing chaos on the roads and at the airport, and there were major delays everywhere – I guess I “got out” just at the right time!?

It’s been a busy week, mostly because I’ve been doing a lot of shopping. My trip to Playa Del Ingles is drawing closer, and of course I need lots of new clothes for this trip. Why you might ask? Because I’m a woman, that’s why! I couldn’t possible go on vacation only bringing clothes that I’ve actually at some point used previous to the trip – nope, I need to bring clothes that are so new the only time I’ve had them on was in the fitting room at the store. And I have been able to find some tops, a pair of jeans – I’m not all happy yet though, I still need another pair of blue jeans, so I think I’ll be heading to either Portsmouth or Brighton one of these days to see if they’ve got stuff there that they haven’t got in Chichester.

I won’t be doing this on the weekend though. I’ve been invited to stay with one of my classmates from Saturday till Monday, she lives in Worthing, and I’m really looking forward to that. I’m guessing this might involve pubs and beers as well, and that’s always a good thing – I do know we’re going to a local pub on Sunday evening which is Guy Fawkes Night, and this involves fireworks and BBQs. I’ve never been in England on this occasion earlier and I think it will be a nice experience.

I’ll be ending this posting with a question: where do squirrels go during the winter? I saw a woman feeding squirrels in Hotham park today, and I stopped and chatted with her for a couple of minutes about how adorable they are, and she said that she took the opportunity to feed them now because when it gets colder they disappear. This made me wonder as I walked on, what do squirrels to at winter, grow wings and fly down south??? Probably not, but are they the kind of animals that hibernate or what? I could of course just do a search on the internet to find out, but I guess I’m just to lazy for that, and it’s so much nicer if some expert on squirrel were to stop by on my blog and tell me all about it!

Happy weekend everybody!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home