Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Collage…

I have to admit I have had a tiny bit of the blues in the last couple of days, and it’s very likely because it’s been my birthday. Now you probably think that I’ve got the blues because I’m getting older, but that’s not it at all: as I always say, think of the alternative – if you didn’t get older you’d be dead!! No, I’ve had a little bit of the blues because every year for my birthday I gather my family and friends and celebrate my birthday.

When I was 30 and 35 I rented a place and invited lots of family and friends to a party. The other years in between 30 and 35 I have celebrated my birthday twice every year, once in Oslo with my friends who live there: we’ve gone out for dinner together and then to Zinatra karaoke bar – the second celebration has been in Solör with my friends and family who live there. I love my family and friends and I like to take every opportunity to gather them around me.

As I’m in England this year, obviously things are different. I will be celebrating my birthday on Saturday with new friends that I’ve made here (and one “old” friend who’s coming over from Norway) and I’m really looking forward to that, I think it will be great. At the same time I do miss my family and friends in Norway too. Now that I’m in England it seems as if I just don’t get to see them and spend enough time with them.

Today I sat down and made a big collage that I could put up in the kitchen. It’s with lots of photos of my family, friends and pets. It kind of brings them closer, but also made me even a bit sadder seeing all the fun party photos from earlier birthdays and other parties that have been.

Oh, well, there will certainly be other parties in Norway as well. I’m planning a birthday celebration in Solör when I go back there on the 15th of February so that should be good.

And I really appreciate having a visitor from Norway coming over and I’m looking forward to seeing her tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home