Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Let it snow…

I wished for snow for Christmas but never got it. I guess I had to wait till my birthday then to have my wish granted!

This morning I was awoken by my mobile phone as early as 0615 when the first birthday greetings were ticking in – and when I looked at the curtains in my bedroom I thought I could recognize a glow behind them. When I pulled them aside I could see the whole world covered in snow and it was still snowing! Is that a birthday present or what???

It’s very different from last week though. Then when I was walking down to the city in 15°C I stopped and photographed some flowers that were blooming and sent to family and friends in Norway. Poor flowers now! But by now most of the snow is gone again anyway, and we’ve got 2 degrees.

The best news today though is that I’ve finally got my broadband connection in the house up and working, no thanks to Virgin!!! I could’ve predicted that installing broadband here would not go according to plan; it never does with these computer related things. And on Monday when my phone line had been upgraded I still could not get my computer online, I just kept getting error messages. I kept trying during Tuesday as well, but no. I walked down to uni, logged on to Virgin’s site and found the service number than I could call to ask for help. When I got back to the house I found that when I tried calling that number, from my home phone or mobile, I just got the message that I was not allowed to call that number. In all the emails I got from Virgin they never mention any phone number, they just say to contact them through their internet site – yeah, cause that’s easy when your internet connection is still not working!!!

I was getting frustrated, and this morning as a reply to an email I sent them yesterday describing everything I had done and asking THEM to call me, I got another completely useless email from them. For some reason I suddenly thought of something I still had not tried out – and when I did this I got online. It turns out that the installation CD hasn’t installed everything it was supposed to on my computer so I had to do that kind of manually. Maybe I’ve become a year smarter today too?????

So that’s my day, outside there’s a little bit of snow left – inside it’s me and my friend, the laptop, exploring the fabulous virtual world of the internet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home