Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Pirates of the Caribbean – At World’s End

Finally I made it to the cinema and got to see the third Pirates movie, and I was not disappointed. I’ve read several critiques on the internet where people haven’t enjoyed this third movie as much as the first two. I can’t say I agree. It was a bit different than the first two movies; where the two first movies have been weird; this one went beyond that at times. I’ve also felt that even though Jack Sparrow, Will Turner and Elisabeth Swann have all been major characters in the first two movies, Jack Sparrow has sort of always been THE main character, the one the movies are about. In this third movie I felt that the focus was a lot more on Elisabeth and Will and their story and that Jack came a bit more in the background, perhaps this is also the reason why some people don’t like it as much?

I laughed a lot, I cried a little bit (oh yes, I’ve no trouble admitting to crying at movies!) – and I wasn’t necessarily all too happy about what happened in the end of the movie, but I’m afraid I’ll have to say this: I’m hoping for a fourth one. I’m still not fed up with Pirates, and definitely not with watching Orlando Bloom in the role as Will Turner. I believe he was more handsome than ever the way he looked towards the end of this movie. I tried to find a photo of him, on the internet, from those final scenes of World’s end, but as I didn’t manage I’ve just used another photo of him here where he also looks drop dead gorgeous!

As for the movie, if I was to give it points, I’d say 5.5 points if 6 is the maximum!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home