Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Thursday, June 05, 2008

My life

When I got up this morning I was very tired, apparently that’s what five days and a wedding in Ireland might do to you! Since the weather in Norway is so excellent these days, I decided I needed a walk to clear my head, so I put my iPod into my bag and set off in direction Flisa (for those of you who doesn’t know where I live, it’s aprox. a six kilometres walk from my home to the village called Flisa). I hadn’t walked very far, listening to music, before this feeling of complete happiness fell upon me. I felt a smile widening on my lips, it was so easy to walk in the sun today, it felt like walking on air. And while I was walking I just kept thinking about how happy I am about my life these days, and how completely blessed I feel. It’s as if the Norse gods themselves have reached out of their home in Åsgård and given me a favourable pat on the back, and I know I really need to enjoy this – because everyone knows how moody those gods can be!

There are of course also worries in my life, but I will try not to let them get any major control over how I live my life, and rather focus on all the good things that are happening. It’s like when I was walking today, and it was such a beautiful walk in the sun. I was wearing sandals, and from time to time there would be pebbles sneaking into them that would make me stop for a very short while to remove them. And I think my life is a bit like that now, an easy beautiful walk in the sun, but with the occasional pebble that I will just have to resolve every time it bothers me.

It sounds a bit too much of pink clouds, doesn’t it? But that is just how it is right now, today, I think I was grinning like a mad woman on that walk today – people that saw me might actually be thinking that finally I’ve now lost my mind completely. And who knows, maybe I have, but if this is what it feels like, then I don’t mind.

Have a nice day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home