Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Published translator

Since last summer I have also been working a little bit as a translator, from English to Norwegian, for Harlequin publishing. The first book I translated was by Barbara Hannay called Blind Date with the Boss. In Norwegian it's got the title: Dans på Roser. It is fairly easy read literature, but I really enjoy the challenge that comes with translating, and making sure that I don't "ruin" the authors work in the translation. And I also think that there are a few things to learn when having to study someone else's work as closely as you must when translating a text.

Anyway, the book is in the stores next week, and it actually is an exciting feeling to see my name on a book again, even if it isn't my own: "Translated by Lena M Bakke".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home