Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Saturday, August 27, 2005

A couple of poems

I spent some time the other day trying to translate some of my Norwegian poems to English. It really isn't that easy to do because even though I can find the words that sort of have the same meaning directly translated it's like some of the rhythm gets lost and some of the hidden meaning disappears when I try to translate the full and total meaning of my Norwegian poems. I think perhaps it is better when I write to decide whether I want the poem to be in English or Norwegian when I put them on paper, and just leave them like that. With that said, here are a couple of the poems I think didn't translate just as badly as the others:

Time
The clock is ticking
but is time really passing?

I stand between
two seconds
A void in time
where everybody else
moves
forward

But I
- I stand still
in time
and
observe
the humans

On the moon
From the moon
the world is small
and the humans like ants

I see
and wonder
will I ever be
like them?

I have also been meaning to publish a couple of short stories, but from what I gather, to do that I'll need a homepage somewhere to upload the documents to, and I still haven't gotten as far as to fix that, but some day soon......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home