Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Monday, January 02, 2006

The first day

Today was the first day of the rest of my life! Well, every day is, isn't it? But today felt more like it than many other days, because when I got out of bed at 11 today (I was up a bit late watching "Four weddings and a funeral" last night, and after that I was up even later to read a book, the first one in the Disc World series) it really hit me that every day from now on and for a really long time I won't have to drag myself out of bed at the sound of the alarm. My life is finally mine again to organize my day the way I want it to be. This is a great thought, and a truly scary thought! What if I completely mess it up, and 3 years from now wake up one morning, to the sound of the alarm realizing that I've done nothing usefull at all with the last 3 years?

This first day then, I've spent working on my novel "365 days". I've told you before that I'd set a deadline for myself on editing it till Christmas, but with the moving and all there just wasn't any time. I surely can't complain about not having time now, so this is the first big project I'll be working on. The second project is training. I've been really lazy over the Christmas, and today I forced myself back into training again, and spent an hour on the bike and doing aerobics. I'm also planning on trying cross country skiing again, which I haven't done for the last 20 years, this should be exciting... I'll tell you all about it when I get as far as to actually do it and not only think about it!

My plans for January? Well, on Thursday the 12th I'm heading to Oslo to do the international English test, IELTS. This is something that the universities in England demand that I do to prove to them that I can master this language good enough to be a student at their universities. One should think that my 15 1/2 years of learning English at school and studying at the university should be enough to prove that I don't totally suck in English, but no.... So, that's what I'm doing next Thursday. And since I'm in Oslo that day anyway, I'm thinking I might do the quiz at Belfry's in the evening as well. That truly is something I'm going to miss now that I'm in Solör.

On Sunday the 22nd I'm off on a party booze cruise between Gothenburg and Kiel. This is a once a year happening, and it basically is 48 hours of partying. There are somewhere between 10 and 15 bands playing on the ship, and lots and lots of people who're only there to listen to music and party like the world is going to end tomorrow. I participated for the first time last year, and it was so much fun - I can hardly wait for this years party to get here. If you want to look it up on the internet, it's called "Nöjeskryssen".

I'm back from "Nöjeskryssen" on Tuesday the 24th, which is also my 35th birthday. My big plan was to celebrate this on the weekend after, on Saturday the 28th, but as the place that I want to rent to throw the party is occupied that weekend, and the next, so I've decided to push the party into the beginning of March. I my world every occasion is a good occasion for partying, and my 35th birthday most certainly is!

And that is this day, and this month I guess. I will of course keep posting and let you know of my progress in both writing and training. I am also expecting to hear from the universities during January, and I'm hoping for good news!

Hope the new year's treated you well so far!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home