Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Friday, February 17, 2006

Not much to say really....

After all the complaining earlier this week about how bad Norway's done it so far in the Winter Olympics I guess you might have thought that I've gone and killed myself since I've been quiet the rest of the week - well, obviously I've not!

There's not that much going on, really... There's the Winter Olympics that keeps anyoing me, to the point where I luckily to day started laughing about it all. For the men's 15 km cross country competition, we had no less than 3 out of 4 who should have been good enough to win the Gold medal - and because of bad skiis, the best of them ended up as number 17 or something. Two thirds into the race the commentator said something like: "this MIGHT look like it's going to be another catastrophe for Norway!". Really, you think???? That's when I started laughing, I know it's their job to keep the spirits up and all but at that point the best Norwegian was like 1 or 2 minutes behind the guy that was leading, and it was 3 or 4 km left before the race was finished. So, I turned off the TV and went back to my computer.

And the computer really is this week's good news. I know I told you about buying a new laptop in the middle of January, well, for various reasons I didn't get it till yesterday. It's excellent. Earlier I've had to use my father's computer in their upstairs flat whenever I needed to use a computer, but since yesterday I've got a computer of my own - and I even managed to set up the wireless network, with encryption and everything - am I good or what??? So, now I'm in my flat writing this, and, oh, well, even though we suck at winter sports - I've still got my own excellent computer and that's just great!

And on Monday I talked with a representative from the university of Chichester on the phone, and that just made me so much more eager to go there. I've paid the deposit, and I'm just waiting for September to come (the first gathering of students for this course is on the 2nd of September) - as I said - not much going on here in Solör really....

I've been working on the 4th assignment for my course. It's a synopsis of my novel. And I think I've done fairly well, I've written a 4 pages synopsis - only problem is that the synopsis isn't supposed to be more than 650 words, so I'm struggeling with what to leave out and what to include. I'll find a way to finish it somehow during the weekend. I'm quite happy about the story I've put together for the synopsis - let's hope I'll still be happy when I try to write it! It looks like a really great story - inside my head - but getting things on paper is always a completely different story!

And I who though I really had nothing to write this evening.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home