Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Monday, February 13, 2006

Winter Olympics and then some....

So we're on day 3 of the competitions in the Olympics, and Norway's still only got 1 - ONE - Gold medal (we have of course got 3 Silver and 3 Bronze medals but...). We have failed in several diciplins where I was certain that we'd get a Gold. The Men's 20 km biathlon on Saturday, I was so sure we'd get a Gold medal, and we only ended up with a Silver and a Bronze. The women's cross country competition yesterday, once more, no Gold - not even a medal. And today, the women's biathlon competition, no Gold no medal at all actually. You think I have high demands? Why shouldn't I, the newspapers and the media and just about everybody who's got a say have been saying for the last months, or even years, that Norway will do better in these Olympic Games than ever before, and we did get 13 Gold Medals in the last games four years ago (and was best nation) so I know we've got to do better than that - which means that we'd better start winning medals in Gold really soon! I'm really hoping there will be at least 2 for us tomorrow!

Other than sports? Well, I ended up going on a 24 hour trip to Oslo on Saturday afternoon, and spent the evening (and most of the night!) drinking beer with some friends that I don't get to see very often - I had an excellent time! AND was a bit tired on the bus back to Solör yesterday afternoon - but it certainly was worth it - I find that most times it is! Drinking beer and socializing with friends I mean, it doesn't botter me being tired the next day then (and sometimes slightly hang over - but not yesterday).

This week? Oh well, there's the olympics... And I will most deffinately have to finish the 4th assignment in the work shop of the course I'm doing. I will also be working on my new novel, where I'll have to hand in a piece of about 1500 words by the beginning of March.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home