Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Thursday, January 26, 2006

One down, one to go....

I got a letter from the university of Winchester today, telling me that I am being offered a place in their MA Creative and Critical writing programme this autumn! Provided I achieve at least a band 6 on my IELTS test.

This is of course not a problem. I received the results from my IELTS test today. The test consists of 4 parts: listening (and writing down answers to questions about what you've heard), reading (and writing down answers to questions about what you've read), writing (two essays, one of at least 150 words, and one of at least 250 words), speaking (which is 10 minutes speaking with a professor). Band 9 is the best, it means you're an expert user. Band 8 means you're a very good user. Band 6 is actually only that you're a competent user. I got band 9 on the first two parts; listening and reading, and band 8 on the last two parts; writing and speaking. It's good enough. I am of course not happy about not scoring a 9 on the last two parts as well, but it is enough to get me into the university.

As I have told you before, Winchester is actually my second choice of university. So, I'll wait for the answer from Chichester now. I'm guessing they're waiting for the results from the IELTS test to reach them, it probably will in the next couple of days - and then I'm optimistic enough to belive that I will be accepted there as well.

I have also gotten both a letter and an email confirming that I am now a part time correspondence student with the university of Lancaster, and that my course starts in the beginning of February. Exciting days indeed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home