Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Fun Fun Fun!

I'm back from my 2 day party cruise on board the Stena Germanica between Gothenburg and Kiel (Germany). It was everything I expected it to be, and then some, in other words it was fun fun fun!!! There's something going on all the time from the minute you set foot on the ship. Well, actually, me and my friend Dorthe who first had to travel from Oslo to Gothenburg for 4 hours on a bus, started the partying on the bus. We brought white wine, cheese and biscuts. By the time we reached Gothenburg we had drunk one litre of white wine - each....! The party just went on, lots of great music, lots of dancing, and lots of great guys as well...... Some time during the night I fell asleep, and the next day we spent in Kiel. First we did some shopping, but around 2 we went to our favourite "bierstube" Kieler Brauerei and started with beer again. The ship left Kiel at half past seven in the evening - and we were on the ship well before that to attend the "After Kiel" in the nightclub. When the time reached midnight, and the date was now 24th of January, we started celebrating my birthday as well. I guess I must be really getting old, because by half past two that night I suddenly felt awfully tired (after only 2 days of partying!!!) and went to bed. Yesterday, my birthday, I spent riding buses for 7 - 8 hours. First there was the trip from Gothenburg to Oslo and then back to Solör on another bus.

It's strange when you've been partying and having so much fun for a couple of days, you just don't want it to end and go back to everyday life. On the bus from Oslo to Solör last night, when I had said goodbye to Dorthe and the other ladies that we travelled with, I just felt so blue and depressed - I was SO ready for some more partying. Of course, I totally realize that if the cruise had gone on for a week or two, it might not have been as much fun as these two days were, but still....

And today it's back to everyday life for me as well. Studying, working on my novel - and waiting for the results from my IELTS test (the English test I did on Thursday the 12th). If I'm not mistaken the results will be sent out today so I should probably expect to get them in the mail tomorrow. I hope I did as well as I need to do. The results are sent to the universities in Chichester and Winchester at the same time - so now I'm also hoping that I will get an answer from them soon, letting me know that I have been accepted as a student this autumn.

Anyway, the weather is great in Solör today. Around 0°C and sunny. Since I've spent the last two days in dark, smoke filled rooms, drinking lots of alcohol I'm thinking that going out for a walk in the nice weather might be a good idea - so that's what I'm gonna do now. Have a nice day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home