Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Sharing a moment

The very last night in Playa Del Ingles was a sad one, of course it was, we knew we were leaving the next day, at the same moment it was a happy one: I told my friend "we can't allow ourselves to be sad today just because we know tomorrow will be sad. What if tomorrow never comes, then we've spoilt our last day on Earth being sad, when really we should've enjoyed this evening and everything it's bringing to us" - or something like that, I guess I was in a philosophical mood. This kind of mixture of emotions always inspires me, I want to save the very moment for later so that I can bring it back clearly in my mind and remember how good I felt at that moment, and I want to share it, because I want other people to feel as well as I did just then. I sat in the Irish bar "Dunes&Tunes" that last evening and actually tried to put together a couple of poems that would describe how I felt just there and then. I wouldn't say I was very successfull. It's always so incredibly hard to paint pictures of moments with words so that others understand them as well. I do think I kind of succeeded in painting the moment to myself though, so that when I read this poem years from now, I'll still remember the happy feelings and the sadness and that evening and everything, and just because of that, I think it's worth sharing:

Dunes&Tunes

THIS
great singer
people passing me by
anyway…
how can
Those old country roads
take me home?

when

THIS
is now – and real
and where is home
when being here
between sand
and songs
is as good
as the last day on Earth?


So this is my moment, sitting in an Irish bar in Playa Del Ingles on the late evening of Tuesday the 25th of April 2005, feeling the wind from the ocean but still feeling warm, hearing the great singer and just watching the people passing by - and feeling so sad I have to leave but still so happy that I got to experience THIS moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home