Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Friday, February 01, 2008

I’m writing!

I’m most definitely back in the game again. For a long time I’ve been thinking a lot about the next books in the Viking series, and I’ve pretty much in detail known a lot about how they’re going to be – I’ve just not really been doing any writing. But these last days I’ve been so inspired and now I’ve written about 5000 words on book number two that for now has the title: “The Hunt”. I was worried before I started writing that even though the story was very vivid in my head that I might not find the words to put on paper, but that has not been a problem. It’s just like when I wrote the first book, the story is so present and so clear in my mind, and the words just flows out of me. I would have written more than 5000 words in the last two days but I haven’t got enough time, there are other things going on in my life right now that gives me a lot of chores around the house and that certainly takes up quite a lot of my time – but that will change in just a couple of weeks.

And for those of you who are not writers and don’t really know how much 5000 words is, my first Viking novel “The Battle” ended up at aprox. 76 000 words – so that should give you a clue about how much work I’ve done on the second book so far.

Something strange has also happened: I’m not sure if the book I’m writing now is number two, I actually think it might be number three. Because whilst I’ve been writing those 5000 words, I’ve spent a lot of time thinking about the story – and earlier today I wrote a short synopsis for another book that I think fits perfectly in between “The Battle” and “The Hunt”. How is this possible you might ask, that I’m now writing book number 3 before book number 2? Oh, what can I say, I don’t really know, it’s all in my mind and I’m sure it’ll make sense some day. I hope to be able to keep writing about 5000 words a day in the weeks to come, which should make it possible for me to finish a first draft of “The Hunt” in about two to three weeks – and then I can write a first draft of book number two, before I go through and redraft them both. Sounds like a good plan, doesn’t it?

I’m so happy. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: writing truly is the best highs of all.

And now I’ll make lunch for my temporarily handicapped mother and then drive her to the physiotherapist. Later this afternoon I’ll keep writing on “The Hunt”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home