Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Sunday, January 13, 2008

I survived New Year

You might have thought that I partied so hard, or something, at New Year that I didn’t survive and that this is the reason why this place’s been so dead lately. Well, as you can see, I’m still alive and kickin’… hmmm, maybe not kickin’ that much these days, but you know what I mean.

I have been very busy. Two days before New Year my mum slipped on ice while getting the mail in the mailbox twenty metres from our front door, she fell, on her hip, the hip broke and she had to spend the next five days in the hospital. She’s been home for about 1 ½ weeks now, but she’s not very mobile. Since I live in a basement flat in the same house as them, this means that I now have a lot of more stuff to do around the house than I normally do, since I’ve taken up her chores as well. My dad is also not on top form, since he slipped on some ice at his work place about six weeks ago and broke three ribs in his back. Those of you who know me also knows that I’m not so much housewife material, but I do the best I can in making sure that my parents get through this alright.

But all this means that my energy levels are very low these days. I’m doing a bit of writing, but not much – and I’m waiting for my correspondence studies to start again. I’ve know that the exams are in March so I’m eager to get started and try not to fall as far behind on my reading this semester as I did last semester.

Other than that, I’m going on Nöjeskryssen 2008. It’s a booze cruise between Gothenburg and Kiel, in the period 27 January to 29 January. It’s a great party and I’m really looking forward to that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home