Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Bærtur

I’m sorry I haven’t been able to post anything on this blog for quite a while. It seemed I actually managed to get so fed up with Gran Canaria before I got out of there, that I got myself a tiny little depression that it took me a couple of days after I got back home to shake off. It didn’t exactly help that I knew I had an exam coming in only 6 days when I set foot on Norwegian ground again last Wednesday, and exam I hardly had been able to study for because I was simply just fed up with absolutely everything when I was still on that island.

Now however, since I came out from the exam on Tuesday my mood has been improving a lot. Did the exam go well you probably wonder, oh, well, let’s put it this way…

In Norwegian we have an expression that translated into English would say something like “Someone is on a trip looking for berries”, there’s a word for this in Norwegian called “Bærtur”, which directly translated bær = berries, tur = trip. If someone is on a “bærtur” it means they have no idea what they’re talking about or what they’re doing. I’ll use this expression to explain how my exam went:
I wasn’t exactly on a “bærtur”, but I was standing on the edge of the forest, intensely studying the red and blue berries and seriously considering bending down to pick some. That I think pretty accurately describes how my exam went. The results will be ready in week 51; I’ll try not to spend too much time thinking about it till then.

So with my exam done and my MA dissertation finished I guessed I’m really on a little Christmas break now – and today it’s been snowing almost all day long, and I love every bit of it. It was just so right for me to leave Gran Canaria behind when I was as miserable as I was – and now I’m just really looking forward to the Christmas party on the 13th of December when I get to meet lots of friends that I haven’t seen for quite a while – I’m sure it’ll be great, it usually is.

I’ll be writing a bit more about Gran Canaria eventually, but I need some more distance before I get around to that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home