Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Nöjeskryssen - and studies...

Last weekend I was off on a booze cruise called “Nöjeskryssen” that goes between Gothenburg and Kiel. It’s become kind of a tradition, even though I did not get to go last year because I was so busy with my studies. It was very good this year as well, lots of good bands playing – and especially a group called Arrival was great. They’re an ABBA tribute band and I must say the two female singers really do look and sound a lot like Agnetha and Anni-Frid. The concert started at 1 in the morning when we we’re coming back from Kiel and I really enjoyed it, but then I’m also a big ABBA fan so…

The day before I left for the cruise I also received my books for this semester’s correspondence course that I’m doing with the University of Bergen. Some of you might remember that I’m doing this two year course in “Nordic languages and literature”. This semester we’re doing two modules: “Oral language” and “Norse language”. I’m very excited about that second course; I’m actually going to learn Norse, the language of the Vikings. I think this will bring me ever closer to that time and age, and inspire me in my writing. I’ve also discovered this two week course: “From Runes to Script, Orality and Literacy in Viking and Medieval Scandinavia”, that runs at the university of Aarhus this summer. I’m considering applying, it looks very interesting, and I think everything I can do now that can put me in touch with that time in history will be very helpful when I keep writing my Viking stories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home