Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Graduation

These are hectic days, and lots of things are happening at once.

I have slowly started writing on book 9 (the first thousand words) and I have made very detailed synopsis for this book. Now I pretty much know how it’s going to be. But, of course, some surprises will pop up when I’m doing the actual writing. I usually say that I often get very eager when writing because I’m curious too about all the details in the story. Usually I know where it starts, where it’ll end and the big major parts of the story, but the little things that’ll sneak their way into the story when I’m writing; they are often a surprise to me as well. But, book number 9 will have to wait for a little while, because there are actually other things higher on my to-do-list.

On Friday 17 October I have to hand in a large assignment on my Nordic language and literature course. It is a bit hard to focus these days, but I think I’ll make it this time as well. There are three different assignments to choose from and I have chosen to write about Ludvig Holberg and a couple of his essays. But, even though I am trying to focus on this, there are other things that draw my attention:

On Thursday I’m going to England for a long weekend. Friday is the day of the Graduation ceremony from the university of Chichester, where I earlier this year got my Master’s degree in Creative Writing. I’m really looking forward to this. It will be nice to mark that I have finished this degree, and it will be especially nice since my parents and an aunt and uncle are coming with me as well. Besides, it will give me a little break in an otherwise hectic time. And it will give me opportunity to meet with some very good friends that live in Worthing.

I assume that I will be photographed wearing the hat and cape, so you should expect to see a photo or two from this ceremony, on here, some time next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home