Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Monday 27th of October just around the corner...

These days I’m working very hard on book number 9, and when a draft of that is done I’ll be going back to editing book number 7. Hopefully all of this will be done by the evening of November 4th when I’m going to Gardermoen airport to fly to Gran Canaria the next day. I’m really looking forward to a bit of vacation now, it really has been hectic days.

Up until the last couple of days I have, believe it or not, not given much thought to Monday the 27th of October. But on Wednesday or Thursday this week I suddenly got a nervous feeling when thinking about the launch of book number 1 on Monday. There is of course already many people out there who’ve got a copy of the book since it’s been sent out to the subscribers of Allers, KK and Ute&Hjemme magazines, but it is first on Monday that everyone who wants to can get a copy of it. It feels a bit like either you’re it or not in this business, and I am very curious about what the readers will think.

I feel that I am within the ”boundaries” of the genre entertainment literature, but at the same time I do see that I also challenge these boundaries a little by having more action scenes in my books that I’ve normally seen in other books of the same genre. I hope the readers will forgive me for trying to renew the genre some what. It is of course important that the readers will not only be entertained, but that they also get what they expect when buying one of my books. I myself have, plenty of times, been disappointed with books in certain genres in the past, and I don’t want the readers of Sword Woman’s Kin to get such an impression.

On Thursday a journalist from the Norwegian National Broadcaster (NRK) district Hedmark/Oppland interviewed me, and the interview will be on the air on Monday. And today I’ve been interviewed by a local newspaper, Glåmdalen, and this interview will also be published on Monday. So it truly is exciting days. And now I have to get back to book number 9 of which I have so far written about one third. It too is very exciting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home