Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Weekend come to an end

So this weekend's come to an end.

I have finished "The Dark Tower", and it just didn't become any better. It's really a dissapointment to me. I loved the first 6 books of the series and was certainly looking forward to the last one, but it was not good at all. I can't exactly pin-point what it was that didn't work for me, it was just to long, and detailed and well, just different from the other 6 books. But, I've finished it!

As for my own book, "365 days", I have started re-reading that as well, and have read about 1/4 of it. Shortening it down is going to be a tough task. I see it now that I read through it that there's too much "filling" in it that doesn't go anywhere, things I've just put in there to make it look more like a diary. Normally you will write in your diary not only on days that big things happen but also on the days when nothing is going on at all. Re-reading my novel I understand that there's too much of that, it's like "The Dark Tower", there's to far between the "action-scenes" - or as the consultant that had read my novel wrote: "There's to far between the drinks!" But this will be a really tough task, I've no doubt about - I'll do it though - I've got no other choice.

As for the weekend otherwise, it's been boring! My plan was to do nothing else than spend time at the flat reading, writing and watching movies this weekend, on Saturday I discovered that I was dreadfully bored, and tried to located some friends that would join me for a couple of beers. I had no luck! And still people ask me why I go back to Solör so often, why I even consider moving back there some day, because it's so boring. Well, when I'm there at least I've got my family to talk with when I'm bored - in Oslo it seems like everybody I know is now married and have done the familything - which is really ok, but still it means that it is harder to find people to hang out with - and it also means that Oslo too can be a dreadfully boring place when you're not the kind of person who likes to hangout on the town on your own.

Wow - felt good to get that of my chest! At least I might learn from my mistakes, and what I've learned from this one is to check with my friends if anyone would like to do something, in Oslo, on the weekend, before deciding to stay here and not go back home for the weekend. I'll try to remember to do that in the future.

And now it's Sunday evening, and another week is about to start - a rather tough one I think with long meetings and tough negotiations to get through. I'm already looking forward to the next weekend, even though I haven't really got any big plans for that one yet either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home