Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Monday, October 24, 2005

I've got a floor!

As many of you know by now I'm moving out of Oslo and back to Solör at Christmas. The reason for this is that I've been made redundant from the Defence from January 2006, and I'm going to England to do a Master's degree in the fall of 2006 - and before that I should probably save some money. This, I decided about 1 1/2 years ago, is easier done in Solör than in Oslo. So, I asked my parents if they would be so kind as to build me a flat in their basement if I paid them some money to do this. My father has been planning to do something about the basement since the house was built in 1978, so I thought this was an excellent oportunity for them to actually get this done, and at the same time also get some of the costs financed as well. And they agreed! My father is now very busy building this "studio" for me, and this weekend the pinewood floor was finished! By the next time I get home I might actually have walls as well!!!

Another thing on this topic: it really seemed like good idea to move out of Oslo back to Solör when the plan was made, now that I've only got 2 more months left in Oslo, I'm not so sure that it's such a good idea any more. Things in my life has changed since then that suddenly makes it a lot more interesting to be staying in Oslo.... I still principally mean that it's easier to save money in Solör than in Oslo though - simply because nothing ever happens in Solör, so there's nothing there on which I can spend any money!!! and of course, Oslo is only a 3 hours busride away, it's not like I'll never be able to visit Oslo again.... This is what I keep telling myself, over and over and over again....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home