Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

To vain for my own good?

So I've been out and bought new shoes, not only that, these are shoes that've got high heels. Well, all is realive, I'm not usually the kind of person to wear heels at all, mostly I wear sneakers or trainers or whatever they're called, because as I walk to work and back every day (about 2 hours walk total) I prefer to wear sensible shoes that don't hurt my feet. For some reason, wearing sneakers isn't as "mentally comfortable" when I'm going out for beers with friends or something similar - then I want something that looks.. nicer. Today I bought shoes with about 5 cm heels, which isn't that much really, as I see girls walking around with what must be 15 cm of heels, but to me - I'm pretty sure that it's enough to make my feet hurt like hell while I try to get used to wearing them. I was thinking this when I tried them in the shop, I was thinking this when I paid for them - and I'm still thinking that now that I'm back at the office, just having put on the shoes while I'm sitting by my desk. They don't feel half bad at the moment, but of course, at some point I will probably have to try to walk more than 3 metres in them as well and my bet is that that will be a totally different story.

It's a typical female problem this one, isn't it? I don't think I ever hear guys complaining about their shoes, or see any guys who seem to hurt whilst walking. Some might argue that the only reason women wear shoes with high heels in the first place is because men like it - I don't really think it is that simple. When I dress up to go out with friends I certainly want to look my best, don't all? And I just know that I'm mentally more comfortable if I wear something with heels than if I don't, physically, well, as you probably understand, that's a totally different story!!! So I know I wear heels because it makes me happier about my appearance, not just because I want men to notice me - if high heels are all they're after I'd rather they didn't notice me at all - it just feels more dressed up.

Well, I'm a stubborn person and I've got my mind set on getting used to these shoes - so I guess it remains to be seen if I'll manage or if I'll find that I've once more been to vain for my own good - and bought another couple of shoes to ad to the ever growing collection of shoes that I was very optimistic when buying but have never really used after that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home