Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Not quite as dead as you might've thought....

You're all probably wondering what on Earth I'm spending my time doing these days, since it's so quiet in my blogspot? I'm now 2 weeks into my redundancy, and I just can't belive what's happened to these 2 weeks since New Year. I spend my days training (which I'm very good at getting around to doing almost 1 hour every day) and editing my novel (which I'm totally fed up with by now, and probably don't spend as much time working on as I should have!). I'm really looking forward to finishing the editing of the novel and then have the oportunity to start writing something new. I have sent the enrolement form to the university of Lancaster, for the Learning from home course "Writing your novel: getting started via the internet". I'll start on this course in February, and I think this will be a good thing. Then I'll have some deadlines every month for when I'll have to submit new pieces of the novel that I'm going to write in the 6 months this course lasts, and I really belive this is a good idea. And I might get some good feedback on my writing as well.

This Thursday I was in Oslo and did the IELTS test (The English test I need to do before I'm allowed to study in England) and I think it went very well. They'll send me (and both universities) the test score on Wednesday the 25th of January - so I'll let you know by then if I did as well as I think I did.

Yesterday I spent an awful lot of money buying a widescreen LCD TV, a DVD player/recorder with a harddrive and a laptop. We brought the TV and DVD player back from the shop yesterday and will have it installed during the weekend, the computer will arrive in about 2 weeks time. It'll be a good thing having all these neccessities finally in my own apartement.

Today I bought some more book shelves - I never seem to get enough of those!

As for my trip to England before Christmas - I'll tell you more about it in a couple of days time. Will give you something to look forward to, yes?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home