Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

What I have done today!

And this is exciting news, really, it is! I've been out skiing for an hour!!!!

Yeah, and so what you might think, well, the thing is, I haven't been cross country skiing in 20 years!! Most Norwegians are born with skiis on their feet, and so was I, but after having been forced to go skiing for almost every gymnastics class during winter all through my first 9 years in school, I sold my skiis when I was 15 - 16 years old and made a wow to never EVER go skiing again. That wow has stuck with me ever since. But in the last couple of years this thought has on occacions come up in my head that perhaps I should try it, just once again! Today I finally acted on the thought, borrowed my father's skiis and went out for a whole hour!

I found that I have almost no balance at all, no strength in my arms and absolutely no skiing technique what so ever - AND I got absolutely exhausted. However, I DID have a really good time, and the weather was excellent - I think I might actually be trying it again sometime soon - I might even go ahead and buy my own skiing equipement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home