Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Monday, July 24, 2006

Reality becoming even more real…

Today I’ve booked a short trip to Chichester from Monday 14th to Wednesday 16th of August, when I hoping to view some potential properties to rent there. At the same time as I made this booking I also made a one way booking of a flight leaving Oslo on the 1st of September at 0740 to Heathrow airport. This last booking actually felt a bit strange to make, I think perhaps it’s the first time ever that I’ve made a one way booking of a flight, because always in the past when I’ve booked a flight it’s been for a vacation and I’ve known when I’m coming home – and now I don’t. Of course, I do know I’ll be going home for Christmas, but I don’t yet know the exact date, thus a one way ticket made more sense.

As the University of Chichester offers Bed&Breakfast during the summer I have also sent them an email asking to book a room for the 2 days I’m staying there in August. It might be a nice occasion to start checking out the university that I’ll be attending only a couple of weeks later.

Making all these preparations certainly makes everything become a whole lot more real than it’s been so far; I feel the butterflies in my stomach flying a little faster, and if I’ve been looking forward to this with 95% happiness and being about 5% worried, I guess the ratio has now moved on to about 92% vs. 8%. Wonder how it will be in about a month?

It’s just still so hard to believe. I leave on vacation tomorrow, to Denmark – Germany – Belgium, and I’ll be back in Norway on the 11th of August, and then the move to England is only 3 weeks away.

Yeah, reality becomes a little more real every day now…..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home