Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Friday, July 07, 2006

Worrying about our cat Daisy

A year and a week ago, on the 30th of June 2005 I wrote a posting called ”The loss of a pet”. We had to put one of our cats, Fremon, to sleep that day because of cancer. I said that I had been so happy about the A I got on my last exam that day, and then suddenly I was so sad because of Fremon.

Today is another one of those days. My mum has just taken our cat Daisy to the veterinary, and I fear the worst. On Monday or Tuesday we discovered that she had what looked like minor infection on the back of her left thigh. She has allergies in the summer so we thought is might have something to do with that. She didn’t seem very bothered by it, but very lazy and sleepy, but with 30°C both cats and people are very slow and lazy these days. In the next couple of days it grew a lot worse, and yesterday my mum called the veterinary – they said we couldn’t come in till Monday morning! Today however when I looked at the floor where she’d been lying it was wet, and when I checked her back parts the infection was leaking and it looked really bad. We called the vet and said we had to get an appointment today, and we did. Having seen cancer when we had to put Fremon to sleep last year, we all fear the worst.

So, now my mum’s at the vet, I offered to accompany her, but she wouldn’t allow me. 5 – 6 years ago we put our cat Ellinor to sleep and then I came along and complete fell to pieces when they put her to sleep, after that my mum’s said she’d rather do this alone. And I know she too feared that she would have to go home with one cat less today.

I can’t do nothing but wait. I’ve got most of my things packed for the Bättel, only a couple of hours ago I was dancing to the music when I was packing, then I went upstairs to my parents apartment and saw Daisy and suddenly I don’t feel like dancing any more. I was so happy, and now I’m afraid I’ll be very very sad!

Update:
My mum's back from the vet - WITH Daisy. It looks like it's just an infection, this time, and that she'll be fine once she's finished her 10 days penicilin tratment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home